Gitzo warrants, to the original purchaser only, that this product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal and proper usage for an extra 5 year period above and beyond the standard period imposed by the law in the country where the product was sold. Gitzo's obligation in this 5 year warranty extension is limited to replacing or repairing, at Gitzo's discretion, products or parts determined by Gitzo to be defective in materials or workmanship. If the original product has been superseded, replacement may be made with a current model of the same quality and equivalent function. Warranty of any replacement parts is limited to 90 days or the unexpired portion of the warranty period of the product on which the parts are being used, whichever is longer. To obtain warranty service, the purchaser should return the product or the defective part(s), carefully packed and with proof of purchase date to the Gitzo distributor in the country of purchase or to the shop/store where the product was purchased. All shipping expenses are the purchaser's responsibility.
This warranty does not cover any defects or costs caused by:
- modification, alteration, repair or service of this product by anyone other than Gitzo;
- physical abuse to, overload of, or misuse of, the product or operation thereof in a manner contrary to the instructions accompanying the product;
- any use of the product other than that for which it was designed;
- shipment of the product to Gitzo for service.
- failure to comply with care and maintenance instructions accompanying the product.
This warranty does not cover labor costs.
Unless local law in the country, state or region of purchase dictates otherwise, Gitzo will under no circumstances be liable for any special incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, personal injury, property damage, damage to or loss of equipment, lost profits or revenue, costs of renting replacements and other additional expenses, even if Gitzo has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In accepting this extended warranty you agree that the terms and conditions of it are the entire agreement between us relating to the extension of the liability of us as the producer under the law of the country, state or region where the product has been sold. In particular there is no other express or implied warranty given by Gitzo as the producer to you.
Storage, use and distribution of the information you provide
By completing the registration form and questionnaire, and clicking the relevant box on the form, you authorize Gitzo and those companies directly involved in the fulfillment of our limited warranty extension to use the information you give for the following purposes:
- to fulfill our obligations under the limited warranty extension, in order to offer you a better service
- to keep track of product sales, production batches and defects, in order to improve existing products
- to perform statistical research and analysis of market trends in order to improve new products
Your information will be stored electronically by Gitzo, and may be given to Gitzo distributors for service or repair of your product under the limited warranty extension. You can write to us at any time to see a copy of the information from you that we have stored, and you can also ask us at any time to cancel all information held about you. Without your information and registration details and without your positive consent (granted by clicking the relevant box) to use your information for the above purposes, we will not be able to grant you the extended limited warranty.